Nothin like going to an oyster bar and ordering a salad. Yes, I was that girl and *sorry, not sorry* so glad I did.
Ever since my visit to Hank’s Oyster Bar, I’ve been craving their combination of maple mayonnaise/fried brussels sprouts/ hard-boiled eggs/ and bacon maple vinaigrette. My gf readers will know I couldn’t have the sprouts fried, but even so, the dish introduced me to an awesome flavor combination I hadn’t heard of. Now it’s my turn to recreate it and pass it along to you!
I gotta tell you, I’ve really healthed-up the dish. No mayo, no bacon – a very light fry.
Maybe try it for lunch this week?
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
20 brussels sprouts, halved
2 hard-boiled eggs
salt & pepper
- Combine yogurt and syrup, set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot
- Add brussels sprouts, turning until crisped on all sides (about 4 mins)
- Using a slotted spoon, remove from oil and put them on a plate so excess oil drains off
- Rough chop hard-boiled eggs
- Swipe the yogurt in a thin layer across your plate, top with brussels sprouts, eggs, salt & pepper