The healthy girl’s alternative to the world’s favorite salty-fried treat: the baked sweet potato fry.
It was a total treat to be home this Thanksgiving. In our family, we have picky eaters and dietary restrictions. But errrybody likes my sweet potato fries. And the cook who’s done meals for 10 for days, really appreciates the easy recipe.
What you’ll need:
2 sweet potatoes, sliced
1/4 cup Coconut oil, melted
Old Bay spice
The key to success here is uniform sweet potato slices (good luck). That way they bake evenly. The thinner the better, too.
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees
- Slice the sweet potatoes and put them in a bowl
- Melt the coconut oil
- Pour oil over sweet potatoes
- Add pepper, Old Bay spice, and salt to taste, then toss
- Line two cookie sheets with aluminum foil
- Lay out sweet potatoes in a thin layer on the cookie sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes, turn potatoes, bake for 12 more minutes
Try these with my favorite wasabi yogurt!
Let me know what you think!
We stumbled over hee different website and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to
looking at your web page yyet again.
Thank you Lolita! Hope you have fun here!
This design iis wicked! You certainly now how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit aand your videos, I was almost moved to start
my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Exceellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say,
and more thwn that, how you presented it. Too cool!
Thank you so much!
Pingback: The Crowd Pleaser | ladylivinglocal.com