Yes! So excited to share my recipe for black bean fajitas with you! It’s a go-to meal. Pretty sure I’ve made it for every. family. member. My brother even wanted the recipe for ‘those things.’ (Major endorsement).
The ingredients are cheap but I think these festive open-faced fajitas feel like a vacation. Especially as we approach winter. Just waiting for someone to make me a caipirinha…
What you’ll need:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1 or 2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 lime, quartered
2 corn tortillas (GF!)
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 14.5 oz can black beans
feta cheese (optional)
chipotle salsa (optional)
- Heat oil in pan frying pan over medium high heat
- Add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook until charred, browned all over (just not seriously burnt!)
- Squeeze 2 lime quarters over mixture and remove from heat.
- Using the same pan, pour in black beans, scraping up any charred pepper bits into beans
- While you bring that to a boil, toast your corn tortillas.
- You can use your oven’s broiler (careful – they toast quick!) or get a clean frying pan hot, and toast tortilla there, flipping regularly
- Reduce beans to a simmer. Let them cook another minute or two.
- Assemble your black bean fajitas!
- This is where you bring in the remaining lime, feta cheese, cilantro, avocado and chipotle salsa
Sidenote! Don’t let these linger too long (not that you would but…). The beans will eventually soften your toasted tortilla, and really, nobody wants that, right?