Welcome to a brand new week!
Ready for something fresh, healthy, tasty and quick? I’m down for some avocado cream (no actual cream included). I’m also so excited about not going to the grocery store. This weekend was busy enough, right?
Hence: my black bean poppers & avocado cream.
Tip: Make the poppers in bulk and bake them throughout the week for peak freshness. Make the avocado cream in bulk too, and see if it lasts a whole week (3 days is the standing record in my apartment).
The burst of fresh pomegranate seeds is key in this recipe. Black beans are a great protein, but they can get dense. You need something to brighten them up! Try fresh cranberries (are they still in the fridge from Thanksgivingggg… yes) if you’re not into pomegranate seeds.
What you’ll need:
Black Bean Poppers:
1/2 14.5 oz can of black beans, keep juices!
2 Tbsp. red onion, minced
3/4 cup panko (I used gf)
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
3/4 cup cilantro, packed
1 tsp. salt
2 garlic cloves
1/2 lime, juiced
For the poppers:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Using the back of a fork, smash beans into a paste in a medium mixing bowl
- Add red onion, cilantro, panko and pomegranate seeds. Mix.
- Form into balls, and set on foil.
- These won’t expand, so pack ’em in!
- Bake for 25 minutes
For the cream:
- While the poppers bake, combine yogurt, avocado, cilantro, salt, garlic, and lime juice in a food processor.
- Blend it!
Enjoy these! I’d love to hear what you think!!