Excited to meet your new go-to?!
I dare you not to make these banana oat bites ALL THE TIME. They’re a great post-workout snack or afternoon pick-me-up. Somehow they also give off a cookie vibe so they feel like a sneak… but it’s like oats and bananas, so..
Ode to the oat: I feel like oats are one of those under-appreciated gifts. They have so much going for them – they’re filling, cheap, tasty and so, so much more versatile than morning mush.
So this recipe is in honor of the humble oat. We’re spiffing it up, giving it a good toast, and adding it to your weekday regimen, k?
What you’ll need:
2 bananas (spotted? um.. black? they’ll do great)
1 1/2 cups oats, can be gf (just not instant please)
2 Tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
2+ Tbsp. shredded coconut (optional, just good)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
pinch of salt
cooking spray for greasing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel bananas, and smash with a fork in a medium-sized bowl
- Add in oats, salt, chocolate chips & coconut
- Your ‘batter’ should not feel gloppy. Add oats if you need to!
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Grease with cooking spray
- Using 2 spoons, form ‘bites’ and place on baking sheet
- Bake **18** minutes
- That sounds specific (it is!) but I’ve found setting your timer for 18 minutes gets you toasted, charred bites, not burnt or soggy ones
- Let bites cool for 5-10 minutes on the pan – it gives them time to do any last-minute firming for an extra crunch
These banana oat bites are my favorite after a long run or hard work out. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!